Acoustics Consultants (Senior or Associate grade), Bristol, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Working Hours: 37.5 per week. Core office hours are 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday; however surveys will also take place outside of core hours and at weekends.
Salary: Negotiable - with excellent benefits
Discipline team: Acoustics
Reporting to: Technical Discipline/Line Manager
Due to continued commercial success, SLR is looking to appoint an Acoustics Consultant at a Senior or Associate grade within Bristol to join its busy UK Acoustics team; which has an established presence across several of its UK offices.
As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing projects, you will have the opportunity to expand, diversify and grow our portfolio of projects and clients and make a real contribution to the Acoustics team - and to help grow the team across the south-west.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy. Applications are sought from acoustic consultants with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong skills in the area of construction, industry, mining and minerals and the built environment.
The role would suit current senior consultants looking for their next challenge and those wishing to advance their careers within a growing and successful business.
SLR has a well-established multi-disciplinary office located in Clifton to the north-west of the City centre which supports staff working within Planning/ESIA, Landscape Land Quality, Hydrology, Waste Strategy, Archaeology, Geology, Urban Design, Advisory, Environmental Management and Geo-technical Engineering disciplines.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Managing projects and advising clients on developments such as mixed use and residential masterplans, quarries, infrastructure and energy.
• Noise and vibration surveys throughout the UK.
• Preparation of fee proposals, report writing (including ES chapters) and technical review work.
• Liaising with technical staff and project managers based in other UK offices.
• Seeking opportunities through business development and networking to expand Acoustic capabilities across the UK as well as cross-selling other services.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE:
• The ability to work as part of an established team.
• The ability to work with limited supervision (currently there are no members of the Acoustic team based in the Bristol office).
• The ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues, stakeholders and members of the public.
• The ability to prepare clear, concise and technically competent written reports.
• Portfolio of project experience in environmental noise and vibration, with demonstrable comparable experience of leading and managing Acoustics based projects in a consultancy environment.
• Project management experience.
• Experience of project winning, delivery and client management.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Experience of presenting evidence at public inquiries and/or hearings.
• Working knowledge of CadnaA®.
• Experience in Building Acoustics, including Sound Insulation Testing.
• Experience of projects based overseas, including Africa.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP:
• Degree level (or higher) qualification in relevant field of Acoustics or a related subject.
• Membership of Institute of Acoustics (IOA).
• IOA Diploma in Acoustics & Noise Control / Certificate of Competence.
• Team player, but also self-motivated and happy to work independently.
• Conscientious about quality of work
• Keen interest in and understanding of business development, with experience of developing and nurturing client relationships.
• Experience in managing staff
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.