Air Quality Consultants - Associate or Principal Grade, Manchester, UK
Office Location: Manchester
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits, potential for equity
Discipline team: Air Quality
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager (Air Quality)
The SLR Manchester office is based in the commercial heart of Salford Quays. The office offers a large multidisciplinary presence with a wealth of complementary technical discipline expertise.
We are looking for experienced individuals to join the existing UK air quality team within Manchester and help play a key role in its continued growth and development.
As well as a detailed knowledge of air quality issues in the UK, candidates are likely to be comfortable with the business aspects of environmental consultancy, including project management and generation of fees through consultancy or research.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an air quality specialist, you will be required to promote the SLR air quality team in the marketplace, help facilitate further growth and play a direct role in the delivery of a diverse range of projects.
The successful candidate will join an exciting and dynamic team, and become involved in all aspects of project delivery from client liaison and task / project management, to report production and business development. This will include detailed dispersion modelling and assessment of transport and industrial air quality, odour assessments, input into EIAs and Environmental Permit applications and ambient air quality and odour monitoring for projects in the UK and abroad.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE :
- Detailed dispersion modeling (AERMOD and / or ADMS), and assessment of road pollution (ADMS Roads, DMRB).
- Detailed knowledge of air quality, dust and odour assessments.
- Confident at developing new business and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Marketing and Work Winning Capability.
- Expert witness experience
- Knowledge of HHRAP software for health risk assessment and GasSim would be beneficial. Desirable
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP :
- A degree in a relevant numerically based subjectis required.
- Appropriate level of membership of a relevant professional body - IAQM, IEnvSc or similar.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
• Good written, communication and presentation skills
• Good design skills
• Leadership, and team working
• Innovative approach to problem solving
• Interest in mentoring and sharing knowledge
• Commercial acumen
• Enthusiasm for the Air Quality profession.
A full driving license is required.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.