Associate Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Perth
Working Hours: 38 hours
Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Discipline team: Transportation Planning
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
Due to strategic growth within SLR’s Asia Pacific operations, an exciting opportunity exists for an Associate Consultant to join our Asia Pacific Transport Advisory business to be responsible for project delivery and development of the business in the Western Australian market. This position would be based in our Perth office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As an experience senior consultant you will be required to apply a high level of commitment to our clients and provide operational support to other members of the team by drawing on your own experience and, developing and utilising the skills and experience of other team members both in the Asia Pacific region and internationally. You will work with other senior team leaders, mentor and supervise junior staff and be involved in high level business development and delivery of key projects. Collaboration is a key principle within SLR, and you will nurture and optimise the excellent multi-discipline relationships across our global business.
The successful candidate must exhibit exemplary technical abilities in the traffic engineering and transport planning discipline and have significant demonstrated expertise in the conduct of high level transport investigations including negotiation and liaison with a range of stakeholders.
• A professional qualification in Engineering or Planning and eligibility to or membership with Engineers Australia or equivalent
• Demonstrated skills and expertise in traffic engineering and transport planning practice, knowledge of industry trends and opportunities in both Australia and New Zealand;
• More than 10 years of experience in the traffic and transport discipline
• A high level of client interaction, people management, time management and prioritisation skills;
• The ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems and develop appropriate solutions relating to traffic and transport infrastructure;
• Effective presentation, a high level of technical writing delivery and oral communication skills;
• Extensive experience in project management, commercial acumen and the ability to develop winning proposals and lead business development activities in the WA marketplace;
• The ability to work in a team setting against tight timelines and deliver high quality outputs for our clients;
• Appropriate Registrations with relevant Professional Institutions (desirable).