Associate/Principal/Technical Director Ecologist – Manchester, UK
Office Location: UK
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Ecology
Reporting to: Strategic Regional Manager
Following the relocation of SLR’s established Warrington office to new premises in the Salford Quays area of Manchester, the company has continued plans for strategic growth and is looking to expand its presence within the North West of England.
As part of these plans for growth we are looking for an Ecologist with proven project/team management capabilities to join our existing multi-disciplinary team in Manchester with a remit to expand our Ecological business and team within the North West of England.
As well as playing a key role in a range of ecological projects throughout the region, you will have the opportunity to manage staff, projects, develop client relationships and be involved in business development activities. The successful candidate will have an outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of the team within the region at an exciting time in the company’s development.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, multidisciplinary consultancy with an established ecological presence in the UK.
Applications are sought from highly experienced ecologists, ideally with expertise in the field of large scale developments and tendering/business development skills gained in a commercial consultancy environment.
- Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on schemes such as large scale mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and renewable energy schemes throughout the South-West and across the UK;
- Input into master-plans and urban design identifying and advising on ecological constraints and opportunities;
- High level report writing and technical review work;
- Supervision / mentoring of ecology staff and team development;
- Liaising with other professionals in other UK offices;
- Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand the ecology services and capabilities in the region.
Technical Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- Demonstrable ecological experience within a commercial environment, including project delivery, business development, team development and technical delivery/management experience.
- Expertise in protected species, ideally including the fields of bat, newts, reptiles and dormouse ecology.
- Considerable expertise in PEA/ Phase I survey and assessment.
- Significant experience in managing large-scale development projects across a range of sectors, for both public and private sector clients.
- Experience of writing ecology chapters for Environmental Impact Assessment.
Education, Qualifications, Memberships:
- Qualified to degree level or higher in a relevant field of Ecology, Natural Sciences or related subject.
- Full membership of CIEEM and hold or be eligible for Chartered status
- A well-regarded team player with experience of managing staff and subcontractors; you will be excellent with clients and be commercially very astute.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.