Civil Engineer (Associate or Principal Grade), Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Bradford on Avon
Working Hours: 37.5/wk
Salary: Competitive basic, Excellent benefits package
Discipline team: Civil & Structural Engineering
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
Due to our on-going success SLR is seeking to recruit an experienced civil engineer (preferably chartered) to support engineering projects based in its Bradford on Avon office.
The successful candidate will be required to project manage civil and environmental engineering projects from feasibility through the design, tender and construction phases to final handover. Typical current projects include requirements for the design and construction of commercial buildings, roads, drainage and general infrastructure and waste management facilities.
The role requires a working knowledge of engineering design (reinforced concrete, steel, earthworks, drainage and external works design), programme management, engineering contracts (ICE7th, NEC3, FIDIC), together with experience of the tender process and management of construction projects.
As well as playing a key role in a range of civil and environmental engineering projects throughout the South West, you will have the opportunity to manage staff, projects and develop client relationships. The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, multidisciplinary consultancy with an established environmental engineering presence in the UK.
Applications are sought from candidates who can demonstrate a strong background in Civil Engineering consultancy, ideally with expertise in managing engineering projects in a commercial consultancy environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on engineering projects such as general infrastructure and waste management facilities throughout the South West and across the UK;
• High level report writing and technical review of work;
• Supervision / mentoring of engineering staff;
• Liaising with other professionals in other UK offices;
• Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand the civil & structural engineering services and capabilities.
Person Spec Summary:
- Chartered (or working towards) Civil Engineer with demonstrable consultancy/commercial experience inc project/team/budget management
- General understanding of Civil engineering principles and working engineering design knowledge; along with strong numerical skills
- Strong BD capabilities and able to identify and pursue markets and opportunities to help lead growth/expansion
- Minimum 2;1 or higher Bachelors degree and relevant MSc
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.