Civil Engineer - Associate or Principal Grade, Edinburgh, UK
Office Location: Edinburgh
Working Hours: 37.5/wk
Salary: Competitive basic, Excellent benefits package
Discipline team: Civil & Structural Engineering
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
Due to our on-going success SLR is seeking to recruit an experienced civil engineer (preferably chartered) to support engineering projects based in its Edinburgh office.
The successful candidate will be required to project manage civil and environmental engineering projects from feasibility through the design, tender and construction phases to final handover.
Typical current projects include requirements for the design and construction of energy (electricity and renewable) infrastructure, waste management facilities and general infrastructure.
The role requires a working knowledge engineering design (reinforced concrete, steel, earthworks, drainage and external works design) programme management, engineering contracts (ICE77th, NEC3, FIDIC) tender process and management of a construction project.
As well as playing a key role in a range of civil and environmental engineering projects throughout Scotland, you will have the opportunity to manage staff, projects and develop client relationships.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, multidisciplinary consultancy with an established environmental engineering presence in the UK.
Applications are sought from candidates who can demonstrate a strong background in Civil Engineering consultancy, ideally with expertise in managing engineering projects in a commercial consultancy environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on engineering projects such as energy (electricity and renewable) infrastructure, waste management facilities and general infrastructure throughout Scotland and across the UK;
- High level report writing and technical review of work;
- Supervision / mentoring of engineering staff;
- Liaising with other professionals in other UK offices;
- Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand the civil & structural engineering services and capabilities in Scotland.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE :
- Demonstrable consultancy/commercial experience post-graduation including project/budget management, and team supervision.
- Working engineering design knowledge.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a sound business development background and be able to identify markets and opportunities that suit a growing consultancy within the energy and waste sectors.
- A general understanding of civil engineering principles is vital. Good numerical skills are also required. The individual must be good at both verbal and written communications.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP :
- MSc in a relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum of a 2:1 Honours degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered – Institution of Civil Engineers (or working towards)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
• Good team player.
• Willing to learn.
• Desire to develop professionally within a growing and very successful consultancy.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.