Civil Engineer (Senior Grade), Bradford on Avon, UK
Office Location: Bradford on Avon
Working Hours: 37.5/wk
Salary: Competitive basic, Excellent benefits package
Discipline team: Civil & Structural Engineering
Reporting to: Technical Director
Due to our on-going success SLR is seeking to recruit an experienced engineer, preferably holding or working towards Chartered Structural or Civil Engineer status (IStructE or ICE) to join at Senior grade and support engineering projects based in its Bradford on Avon office.
The successful candidate will be required to project manage Civil and Structural engineering projects from feasibility through the design, tender and construction phases to final handover.
The role requires a working knowledge of engineering design (reinforced concrete, steel, earthworks, drainage and external works design), programme management, engineering contracts (ICE77th, NEC3, FIDIC), together with experience of the tender process and management of construction projects.
Applications are sought from candidates who can demonstrate a strong background in Civil Engineering consultancy, ideally with expertise in managing engineering projects in a commercial consultancy environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on engineering projects such as general infrastructure and waste management facilities throughout the South West and across the UK;
• High level report writing and technical review of work;
• Supervision / mentoring of engineering staff;
• Liaising with other professionals in other UK offices;
• Assisting more senior team members in seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand the civil & structural engineering services and capabilities.
Person Spec Summary:
- Demonstrable consultancy/commercial experience post-graduation including project/budget management, and team supervision.
- Working engineering design knowledge reinforced concrete, steel, earthworks, drainage and external works design), programme management, engineering contracts (ICE77th, NEC3, FIDIC); and knowledge/experience of tendering process
- A general understanding of civil engineering principles is vital. Good numerical skills are also required. The individual must be good at both verbal and written communications.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.