Contaminated Land Consultants, Manchester, UK, UK
Office Location: Manchester
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday (core hours 9.00am - 5.30pm)
Salary: Excellent basic salary and comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Land Quality
Reporting to: Principal Consultant
SLR has a busy, well established Land Quality team distributed widely throughout its UK office network. Due to ongoing commercial success and a busy forward order book, it is looking to expand its team with the appointment of Land Quality (Contaminated Land) consultants within its Manchester office.
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a team of contaminated land specialists, risk assessors and hydrogeologists within a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including, BUPA health cover, death-in-service cover and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the guidance of more senior members of the team, the successful candidate will be required to prepare, organise and undertake a range of Phase 1 and 2 Contaminated Land/Land Quality assessments and site investigations; along with all associated factual and interpretative report writing and preparation. Whilst based in the offices indicated, the team undertakes projects throughout the UK which may occasionally involve working on sites UK wide for periods lasting from 1 day to a week or more. There may also be the opportunity to work overseas.
Duties may involve:
- Organising site investigation/laboratory testing services in advance of field works;
- Developing health and safety plans to cover identified work tasks;
- Managing field work/laboratory programmes;
- Communicating back to colleagues regarding progress and interim technical summaries;
- Ability to spot indicators of contamination issues based on field observations;
- Ability to prepare technical reports, including initial data interpretation;
- Validation of remedial projects.
- Mentoring more junior staff.
Whilst based in the offices indicated, the team undertakes projects throughout the UK which may occasionally involve working on sites UK wide for periods lasting from 1 day to a week or more. There may also be the opportunity to work overseas.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
- Geology based degree level qualification (or higher) along with experience of undertaking contaminated land site investigations, and associated factual/interpretive reporting
- Knowledge of BS5930
- Full driving license
- Able to pass UK government security clearance vetting for work on defence establishments
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.