Ecologist - Senior or Associate grade, Dublin, Ireland
Office Location: Dublin
Working Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits inc pension, healthcare and much more
Discipline team: Ecology
Reporting to: Ecological Discipline Manager
SLR Consulting are a leading independent multi-national environmental consultancy with offices in Ireland and throughout the UK, as well as the USA, Canada, Australia / New Zealand and South Africa. Our Ecology Team is highly regarded, with an outstanding track record throughout many sectors including: the Mining & Quarrying; Renewable Energy; and Planning & Development sectors.
Due to continued growth and expansion we are looking for a full time Senior / Associate grade ecologist to join our Ecology Team. You will be based in our Dublin Office working with our associate ecologist in the delivery of a wide range of projects throughout the Island of Ireland, but with potential opportunities to work in the UK.
Applicants will be expected to have a good theoretical understanding of ecology and be able to demonstrate technical expertise and experience in the undertaking ecological surveys, Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA), Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIA) and Appropriate Assessments. You will have excellent communication and time management skills and will also be able to demonstrate good report writing and analytical skills.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role will involve assisting on a wide range of ecological projects. This will involve undertaking ecological baseline studies and assessments, developing and implementing mitigation strategies, report writing and preparing Ecological Impact Assessments.
You will also be responsible for the management of projects, contributing to fee proposal preparation and development of client relationships and assisting with business development.
You will be expected to liaise with other SLR technical teams on a variety of subjects including planning, landscape, hydrology, noise and air quality.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE :
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Experience of specialist ecological survey, for example. habitat survey, bats, birds, invertebrates;
- Demonstrable Ecological experience within a consultancy environment, including project delivery;
- Experience of managing projects with full client liaison and commercial management (costing, invoicing etc).
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP :
- You would be qualified to degree level, or higher in a relevant field of Ecology, or the Natural Sciences, or a related subject.
- Hold (or be eligible for) ‘Full’ membership of CIEEM;
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Professionally and commercially aware who can maintain good client relations.
- Full driving licence and own/access to a vehicle
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.