Engineering Hydrologist / Civil Engineer , UK
Office Location: Stirling or Edinburgh
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday (core hours 9.00am - 5.30pm)
Salary: Excellent basic salary, comprehensive benefits package (including the potential to earn overtime)
Discipline team: Hydrology
Reporting to: Technical Director or Principal Grade Consultants
SLR has a busy, well established hydrology, drainage and flood risk team distributed widely throughout its UK office network. Due to ongoing success and a busy forward order book, it is looking to expand its team with the appointment of an engineering hydrologist / drainage specialist at Project or Senior grade, preferably located in Stirling (Edinburgh would also be considered).
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a large team of engineers, hydrologists, flood risk and drainage specialists and be part of SLR’s water environment group which also comprises hydrogeologists, geomorphologists and geochemists. SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including, BUPA health cover, death-in-service cover and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working under the guidance of more senior members of the team, the successful candidate will be required to prepare, organise and undertake a range of drainage designs, provide engineering hydrology input to projects and prepare flood risk assessments. Ideally candidates will have experience in Sustainable Drainage (SuDS) design in outline and detail for residential, industrial, commercial and highway developments.
This role will involve undertaking projects and site investigations across other UK locations in conjunction with other SLR offices and therefore may include infrequent periods working away of up to 5 days at a time
Duties may involve:
- Scoping and pricing drainage and flood risk studies;
- Preparing SPP, TAN15 and NPPF compliant flood risk assessments;
- Carrying out Drainage Impact Assessments;
- Preparing outline SuDS concept designs to support planning applications;
- Preparing detailed drainage designs to discharge planning conditions;
- Providing engineering hydrology input to large projects and managing smaller projects;
- Preparing technical reports and hydrology Environment Statement chapters.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
• Engineering based HND or degree level qualification (or higher);
• Experience of undertaking drainage and flood risk assessments;
• Working knowledge of SuDS drainage standards and relevant regulatory guidance;
• Excellent written , organisational and communication skills; and
• Full driving licence.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.