Environmental Consultant, NSW, Australia
Office Location: Newcastle
Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Due to exciting developments in our team, SLR is currently looking to recruit an Environmental Consultant to join us in Newcastle.
SLR is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa, SLR is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
The Role & The Team
We have an excellent career opportunity for an experienced consultant to join our internationally recognized Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) team based in Newcastle. Articulate, motivated and reliable, you will have between 5 to 10 years’ experience in consulting, government or industry.
The team provides a wide range of project management, environmental impact assessment, post-consent environmental management services, and works alongside other specialist teams in SLR to deliver a complete environmental service to clients. The successful applicant will be pivotal to the continued development of the ESIA team and will assist in the growth of the discipline nationally. This role will be based in our Newcastle office and will include occasional travel to undertake field studies.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and precise high quality reports
- Developing effective relationships with our clients and internal SLR team members
- Providing advice regarding best practice environmental planning and management principles to clients and internal SLR team members
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and monitoring, accurate and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years’ experience in environmental impact assessment and/or management field
- Australian Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
- Working knowledge of NSW environmental legislation and policies, standard and guidelines
- Experience in environmental impact assessment and post-consent approvals in NSW
- Sound understanding of the various technical inputs to an environmental impact assessment would be desirable
- A willingness to work remotely where required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent driving history and hold a current Driver's License
Job Benefits & Perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions.
How to Apply
If you believe that you are ready for this opportunity, a match with what we are looking for and would like to work within a dynamic growing professional consultancy, please fill out the below form and hit the "Submit Application" button.