Environmental Scientist - Project grade, Environmental Management, Permitting and Compliance, Ireland
Office Location: Dublin
Working Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits including pension, healthcare and more
Discipline team: Environment Management, Permitting & Compliance
Reporting to: Associate Environmental Engineer
Due to an increased workload and business expansion SLR now has an opportunity for an Environmental Scientist at SLR's Project grade, to join their team in our Dublin office. Although demonstrable consultancy based experience post-graduation is the preference, applications from exceptional graduates with relevant work placement experience will be considered.
You will be based in our Dublin office working with our associate environmental engineer and other team members in the delivery of a wide range of projects through the island of Ireland, and with potential opportunities to work in the UK.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role will involve assisting on a wide range of projects. This will involve carrying out environmental baseline surveys, compliance environmental monitoring and reporting across a number of sites in Ireland for mining and minerals, infrastructure, energy to renewable energy for both small and large scale projects. Candidate will also need to carry out field work in all kinds of weather and work long or irregular hours in the field.
You will also be responsible for contributing to fee proposal preparation and development of client relationships. You will be expected to work and liaise with other SLR technical teams.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ EXPERIENCE
• Excellent communication and report writing skills.
• Demonstrate Environmental Science experience within a consultancy environment, including project delivery.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION/ MEMBERSHIP
• The successful candidate should have a science based degree or higher.
• Hold (or be eligible for) Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) membership.
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Professionally and commercially aware who can maintain good client relations.
• Full driving license and own/ access to a vehicle.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request. To apply, please complete the online application below or e-mail your CV to email@example.com.