Graduate Contaminated Land Consultants, Cambridge (Project grade), UK
Office Location: Cambridge
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday (core hours 9.00am - 5.30pm)
Salary: Excellent basic salary, comprehensive benefits package (including the potential to earn overtime)
Discipline team: Land Quality
Reporting to: Technical Director or Associate grade Consultants
SLR has a busy, well established Land Quality team distributed widely throughout its UK office network. Due to ongoing commercial success and a busy forward order book, it is looking to expand its team with the appointment of Land Quality (Contaminated Land) consultants at Project level grade within its office in Stow-Cum-Quy, near Cambridge.
This position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a team of contaminated land specialists, risk assessors and hydrogeologists within a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including, BUPA health cover, death-in-service cover and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working under the guidance of more senior members of the team, the successful candidate will be required to prepare, organise and undertake a range of Phase 1 and 2 Contaminated Land/Land Quality assessments and site investigations; along with all associated factual and interpretative report writing and preparation.
Duties may involve:
• Organising site investigation/laboratory testing services in advance of field works;
• Developing health and safety plans to cover identified work tasks;
• Managing field work/laboratory programmes;
• Communicating back to colleagues regarding progress and interim technical summaries;
• Ability to spot indicators of contamination issues based on field observations;
• Ability to prepare technical reports, including initial data interpretation;
• Validation of remedial projects
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE:
• Site based contaminated land investigation experience; along with factual/interpretative report preparation
• Quantitative/Qualitative Risk Assessment
• Knowledge & understanding of BS5930
• Good computer skills – Microsoft Office, databases
• Management of site investigations
• Knowledge of CIRIA 574
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP :
• Relevant first degree (Geology, Hydrogeology or Geotechnical Engineering)
• Associated Masters degree (Hydrogeology, Contaminated Land or similar)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
• Willingness and flexibility to undertake site investigations both locally and further afield as required throughout the UK
• Full, current UK driving license
• UKPIA Forecourt Passport and CSCS Card
Whilst based in the offices indicated, the team undertakes projects throughout the UK which may occasionally involve working on sites UK wide for periods lasting from 1 day to a week or more. There may also be the opportunity to work overseas.
The successful applicant must also be able to pass UK government security clearance vetting for work on defence establishments.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.