Office Location: Brisbane
Working Hours: 38 hours
Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogelogy
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
We have an excellent career opportunity within our Land and Water team for a Hydrogeologist to join our Hydrology & Hydrogeology discipline. You will be based in our Brisbane office and work closely with our Senior team to ensure the delivery of quality environmental services to our internal and external clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
• Supporting Technical Discipline Managers and the Technical Director in implementing actions from our clients.
• Assisting in the development and implementation of Team business plans and strategies, where appropriate.
• Preparing quality reports for internal and external clients on time and within set budgets.
• Project managing small to medium projects to produce high quality Environmental Management documentation (i.e., technical studies and environmental approvals).
• Developing, facilitating and enhancing relationships between our internal and external clients and SLR team members.
• Contributing to winning work by identifying and converting opportunities and drawing on your client relationships.
• Providing advice and assistance to internal and external clients, team members and Project Manager’s on Projects regarding best principles and practices.
• Administrative and financial management tasks including budget preparation and monitoring, accurate and timely responses to requests as required by Project demands and timelines.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• Bachelor Degree in Science specialising in Hydrogeology or a related field.
• 3 to 5 years’ practical experience in the field of hydrogeology with significant demonstrated skills in the areas of data analysis, report writing, groundwater bore drilling and construction, groundwater monitoring and sampling, and farm bore assessments.
• Working knowledge of National & Queensland groundwater legislation and policies, standards and guidelines.
• Comprehensive experience in all aspects of groundwater field work is essential.
• Strong capabilities in field data QA/QC and attention to detail.