Land Quality/Risk Assessment Consultants, South East (all grades), UK
Office Location: South East England (London, Maidstone, Guildford, Chelmsford, Cambridge)
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm
Salary: Competitive basic salary appropriate to grade of appointment plus excellent benefits package
Discipline team: Land Quality or Risk Assessment and Toxicology
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
SLR has a busy, well established Land and Water team distributed widely throughout its UK office network. Due to ongoing commercial success and a busy forward order book, it is looking to expand its team with the appointment of Land and Water (Contaminated Land) consultants at all grades within its South East offices (Maidstone, London, Chelmsford, Cambridge, Guildford). We are seeking applications at all levels, from site/project management focused Project and Senior grade, through to individuals with commercial expertise alongside their technical skills who might join at Associate, Principal or even Technical Director grade
Joining as part of a UK-based team of leading Land and Water professionals working as a single cost centre team within SLR’s unique “one team” culture, this position presents an outstanding opportunity to join a team of contaminated land specialists, risk assessors and hydrogeologists within a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including car allowance, BUPA health cover, death-in-service cover and pension
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Land and Water team undertakes a wide range of site assessment/investigation and associated reporting for a diverse range of clients across a broad range of sectors, and the successful applicant will be required to manage fieldwork and data across a range of sites. The successful candidates will have responsibility for both technical task management/delivery, as well as being given opportunities to contribute to the wider team development.
Responsibilities will vary with the grade of appointment, with Associate grade and above requiring a larger input into BD and client management activities, whereas Senior or Project grade staff would focus on site investigations and associated reporting and general project management activities.
Duties may involve:
• Developing health and safety plans to cover identified work tasks;
• Managing field work/laboratory programmes involving multiple sites;
• Ability to prepare technical reports, including data interpretation;
• Ability to assist in preparing remediation strategies and obtain competitive costings from suppliers;
• Managing and validating remediation projects.•
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
- Recognised professional within the Contaminated Land Consulting sector with demonstrable technical expertise (Associate and above candidates should also be able to demonstrate commercial and BD capabilities).
- Geology, Hydrogeology or Geotechnical or related degree level qualification (or higher), and Chartered status (Ceng, CGEol, CIWEM or equivalent).
- Full driving license.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.