Principal Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Sydney
Working Hours: 38 hours
Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Discipline team: Waste & Resources Manangement
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
Due to further strategic growth within SLR’s globally recognised Waste Discipline we have a great opportunity for a Principal Consultant to be part of and lead the growth of this very successful team within the Asia Pacific Region. The preferred location for this position would be in our Sydney or Newcastle office, but for the right candidate we could also consider our Brisbane or Melbourne office locations.
Main duties & responsibilities
As a Principal Consultant you will be required to apply a high level of commitment to our clients and provide operational support to other members of the team by both drawing on your own experience and developing and utilising the skills and experience of other team members both in the Asia Pacific region and internationally. You will work with other senior team leaders, mentor and supervise junior staff and be involved in high level business development and delivery of key projects. Collaboration is a key principle within SLR, and you will nurture and optimise the excellent multi-discipline relationships across our global busin
The successful candidate will have a national (and possibly international) reputation of outstanding results within the Waste and Resource Management sector. They will be able to effectively lead, facilitate and coordinate major projects within the sector to enhance the service delivery, technical expertise, performance and stature of the Company and its staff nationally (and possibly overseas).
You will have:
· A professional qualification in Waste / Environmental Management or Engineering and eligibility to for membership with Engineers Australia or equivalent;
· Demonstrated skills and expertise in waste and resource management and appreciation of waste management industry trends and opportunities in both Australia and New Zealand;
· A high level of client interaction, people management, time management and prioritising skills;
· More than 15 years of experience in strategic waste management (policy, planning, procurement and investment);
· Involvement in the planning, permitting and procurement of waste infrastructure;
· The ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems and develop appropriate solutions relating to solid waste management and infrastructure;
· Effective presentation, a high level of technical writing delivery and oral communication skills;
· Extensive experience in project management, commercial acumen and the ability to develop winning proposals;
· The ability to work in a team setting against tight timelines and deliver high quality outputs for our clients;
· A demonstrated working knowledge of current statutory requirements, procurement processes, contract standards and corporate procedures; and
· Appropriate Registrations with relevant Professional Institutions (desirable).