Principal Consultant, Australia
Office Location: Sydney, Melbourne or Perth
Working Hours: 38
Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Discipline team: Transportation Planning
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
Due to strategic growth within SLR’s Asia Pacific operations, an exciting opportunity exists for a Principal level consultant to join our Asia Pacific Transport Advisory team. The role will require a high level of commitment to our clients, technical leadership within the discipline and an ability to leverage your own experience and the skills and experience of other team members both in the Asia Pacific region and internationally. You will work alongside other senior team leaders, mentor and supervise junior staff and be involved in high level business development and delivery of key projects.
The successful candidate must exhibit exemplary technical abilities in the traffic engineering and transport planning discipline and have significant demonstrated expertise in the conduct of high level transport investigations including negotiation and liaison with a range of stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A professional qualification in Engineering or Planning and eligibility for or membership with Engineers Australia or equivalent;
• Demonstrated skills and expertise in traffic engineering and transport planning practice, knowledge of industry trends and business opportunities in the Asia Pacific region;
• More than 10 years of experience in the traffic and transport discipline
• A high level of client relationship management abilities, leadership, time management and prioritisation skills;
• The ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems and develop appropriate solutions relating to traffic and transport infrastructure;
• Effective presentation skills, high quality technical reporting and oral communication skills;
• Extensive experience in project management, commercial acumen and the ability to develop winning proposals and lead business development activities;
• The ability to work in a team environment, proven capability to manage timelines and deliver high quality outputs for our clients;
• Appropriate Registrations with relevant Professional Institutions (desirable).