Principal Consultant/Technical Director – Highways Design, UK
Office Location: Nottingham
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Negotiable, competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Highways & Transportation Planning
Reporting to: Technical Discipline Manager
SLR is keen to continue the successful growth of the Highways and Transportation Planning team and is eager to hear from individuals with the potential to help us to achieve this.
We are looking to appoint a development planning focussed Highways Designer within our established Nottingham office to diversify the team’s geographical presence and to play a lead role in both highway design project delivery and continued client and business development with the introduction of new clients and work streams to the group within the Midlands.
The successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in the wider growth and development of SLR’s Nottingham office alongside their role within the Highways and Transportation Planning team; with support from an extensive and diverse range of technical expertise throughout the group.
SLR’s Nottingham office is located at Aspect Business Park, close to junction 26 of M1 and offers a large multidisciplinary presence with a wealth of complementary technical discipline expertise based within, and would benefit greatly from the addition of a new presence within Highways Design.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with predominantly private sector, development planning based clients the successful individual will hold responsibility within the business for the development from both a commercial and technical perspective. This will involve bidding and developing new project workloads both with existing SLR clients and their own network of contacts, whilst at the same time leading on the delivery of design projects. As workloads grow it is envisaged that the successful candidate will have the opportunity to expand the technical team around themselves.
As well as developing work and clients within their own technical discipline, the successful candidate will also have responsibility for the cross-selling of services offered throughout the Group and the project management of work won outside of their own area of expertise.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
- Chartered (or working towards) Civil Engineer, experienced in the preparation of highway design and specification, and managing projects from inception to completion, including planning, detailed design and delivery of works through S38/S278 Agreements.
- Significant experience in the use of AutoCAD, Civils3D and / or MX
- A capable communicator experienced within a client facing role, and capable of delivering projects to a defined brief within timescale, budget and risk constraints.
- An established network of contacts and clients within both the private and public sector, including developers, contractors, local authorities and regulatory bodies.
- A proven track record of work winning, and the ability to undertake business development activities to grow the highway design team
- Proven capabilities within the leadership and management of a technical team within a comparable consultancy or commercial position
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.