Senior/Associate grade Ecologist, Bristol, UK
Office Location: Bristol
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Ecology
Reporting to: Regional Ecology Manager (Bristol and South West)
Due to continued growth and expansion we are looking for an Ecologist with proven project/team management capabilities to join our existing multi-disciplinary team in Bristol.
As well as playing a key role in a range of ecological projects throughout the region, you will have the opportunity to manage staff, projects, develop client relationships and be involved in business development activities. The successful candidate will have an outstanding opportunity to play a pivotal role in the development and growth of the team within the region at an exciting time in the company’s development.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, multidisciplinary consultancy with an established ecological presence in the UK.
Applications are sought from highly experienced ecologists, ideally with expertise in the field of large scale developments and tendering/business development skills gained in a commercial consultancy environment
- Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on schemes such as large scale mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and renewable energy schemes throughout the South-West and across the UK;
- Input into masterplans and urban design identifying and advising on ecological constraints and opportunities;
- High level report writing and technical review work;
- Supervision / mentoring of ecology staff and team development;
- Liaising with other professionals in other UK offices;
- Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand the ecology services and capabilities in the region.
Technical Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- Demonstrable ecological experience within a commercial environment, including project delivery, business development, team development and technical delivery/management experience.
- Expertise in protected species, ideally including the fields of bat, newts, reptiles and dormouse ecology.
- Considerable expertise in PEA/ Phase I survey and assessment.
- Significant experience in managing development projects, particularly residential schemes, where input into design and ecological mitigation works have been necessary.
- Experience of writing ecology chapters for Environmental Impact Assessment
Education, Qualifications, Memberships:
- Qualified to degree level or higher in a relevant field of Ecology, Natural Sciences or related subject.
- Full membership of CIEEM and hold or be eligible for Chartered status.
A well-regarded team player with experience of managing staff and subcontractors; you will be excellent with clients and be commercially very astute.
Applications and Enquiries
To apply for this position, please submit your CV together with current salary details to Human Resources: UKcareers@slrconsulting.com
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team on the above email address.
DATE POSTED: July 2014