Senior Civil Engineer, Edinburgh, UK
Office Location: Edinburgh
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Negotiable, guide £28k plus car allowance and other benefits
Discipline team: Civil and Structural Engineering
Reporting to: Technical Director
Due to our on-going success SLR is seeking to recruit an experienced engineer, preferably holding or working towards Chartered Structural Engineer status (IStructE) to join at Senior grade and support structural/bridge engineering projects based in its Edinburgh office.
The successful candidate will be required to project manage Civil, Structural and Bridge engineering projects from feasibility through the design, tender and construction phases to final handover.
The role requires a working knowledge engineering design (reinforced concrete, steel, earthworks, drainage and external works design) programme management, engineering contracts (ICE7th, NEC3, FIDIC) tender process and management of a construction project.
Typical current projects include various sub-station design and support for a major electrical transmission utility company, wind farm designs, waste infrastructure projects, mining projects.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, multidisciplinary consultancy with an established environmental engineering presence in the UK.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on engineering projects such as sub-stations, bridge assessments, structural appraisals etc throughout Scotland and across the UK;
- High level report writing and technical review of work;
- Supervision / mentoring of engineering staff;
- Liaising with other professionals in other UK offices;
- Assisting more senior team members in seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand the civil & structural engineering services and capabilities in Scotland.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE :
- Demonstrable consultancy/commercial experience post-graduation including project/budget management, and team supervision.
- Working engineering design knowledge.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a sound business development background and be able to identify markets and opportunities that suit a growing consultancy within the energy and waste sectors.
- A general understanding of civil engineering principles is vital. Good numerical skills are also required. The individual must be good at both verbal and written communications.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP :
- Minimum of a 2:1 Honours degree in Civil Engineering
- MSc in a relevant engineering discipline
- Chartered - Institution of Structural Engineers / Institution of Civil Engineers (or working towards)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- Good team player.
- Willing to learn.
- Desire to develop professionally within a growing and very successful consultancy.
- Enjoy working on multidisciplinary projects and willing to develop as a project manager.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.