Senior Planner (Maternity Cover), Dublin, Ireland
Office Location: Dublin
Working Hours: 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday - Friday
Salary: Negotiable, plus excellent benefits
Discipline team: Planning
Reporting to: Principal/Director
SLR has a large and successful planning and EIA team that works across all business areas, throughout Ireland and the UK. SLR is seeking to recruit a senior level planner to join our Dublin office to provide maternity leave cover.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidates will work within SLR’s planning, masterplanning and EIA teams and will be expected to contribute to a broad range of development projects, including residential, tourism, waste, minerals and renewable energy cases as well as more general development. Reporting directly to Principal / Technical Director staff within their office location, the opportunity will exist to take on project management roles and gain a wide area of planning and environmental assessment experience. The role will include regular contact with clients and regulatory authorities as well as collaboration with SLR colleagues. Good communication, report writing, administrative and project management skills are essential along with an appetite for new challenges on broad and varied case load.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE :
- Demonstrable consultancy or commercially based experience as a Planning Consultant
- Strong report writing and presentation skills
- Strong administrative and communication skills
- Project Management Experience
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Proven work winning capabilities within a consultancy context
- Good network of potential clients
- Experience using GIS/CAD/Photoshop or other graphics software
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP :
- Relevant degree
- Membership/Chartered Status with a relevant professional body or
Institution (MRTPI / IPI)
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES :
- An ability to work well with colleagues, clients and contractors.
- Ability to work both in a team and under own initiative.
- Reliable, conscientious, committed.
- Full driving license
- Able to undertaken short term travel within the UK and overseas
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.To apply for this position, please use the online application below or alternatively submit your CV together with current salary details to email@example.com