Technical Director / Principal Consultant – Planning (Built Environment), UK
Office Location: Manchester or London
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Reporting to: Planning
Having enjoyed fantastic continued growth, expansion and diversification throughout its 2015/16 financial year, SLR currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced RTPI Planner to join its Manchester or London Office. This role is placed at a Technical Director or Principal Consultant level and is a key strategic role to help facilitate the continued growth of the Built Environment Planning team, and SLR’s position within this key sector.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to drive the company’s Built Environment Planning offer, working alongside the Lead Technical Director to capitalise on our impressive client list.
You will be a work winner in your own right, with an appetite to unlock and develop new and existing client opportunities and relationships. You will also play a key role in evolving the wider planning team by developing and monitoring junior planning staff.
The successful candidate will provide exceptional advice on a range of planning topics to a variety of clients; therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential. You will have a fantastic working knowledge of all local planning legislations and a strong background in the delivery of projects. Equally, a strong track record of project management would be an advantage as the SLR structure lends itself to the delivery of an integrated offer to clients.
We undertake planning and environmental services across a wide range of sectors; therefore you will ideally have experience in and practice across all of these. You should also be experienced in providing the lead advice in client meetings and presentations, and will play an important part in business development.
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE:
• Demonstrable experience in a comparable consultancy-based Planning role, including team management/growth/mentoring, project management/delivery and business development activities
• Planning experience across the full spectrum of sectors, including excellent knowledge of all local planning legislation
• Proven capabilities leading client meetings/presentations
• Experience of leading projects within a multidisciplinary consultancy environment
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP:
• Relevant RTPI accredited degree
• Full RTPI membership
• Relevant planning based postgraduate qualification
• The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and regulatory authorities
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.