Transactional Due Diligence Consultant, London/Bristol/Leeds, UK
Office Location: London, Bristol, Leeds
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Salary: Negotiable, guide £30-35k plus comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Advisory Services - Transaction Due Diligence
Reporting to: Transaction Due Diligence technical Discipline Manager
As part of SLR’s continued growth in Transaction Due Diligence services, we are seeking to expand the team with suitably experienced environmental professionals to support our senior staff with the delivery of projects.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To support existing senior staff by:
1. Undertaking portfolio review work using existing client provided or dataroom documents, along with searches of information in the public domain. 2. Assisting with project management and the coordination of due diligence support staff. 3. Preparing due diligence reports for senior review. 4. Undertaking site inspections either as a member of an audit team or individually across the UK and mainland Europe. Occasionally visits to facilities outside of Europe may be required. 5. Liaison with external clients and their advisors may be required from time to time.
The role will involve travel throughout Europe to deliver DD projects and will therefore involve regular/frequent travel throughout the EU
TECHNICAL SKILLS / ABILITIES / EXPERIENCE:
• Transaction due diligence experience within a commercial environment, e.g. environmental consultancy or other technical advisor
• Knowledge of contaminated land issues and ground conditions experience.
• Proven project management skills, including the coordination of other staff.
• Proven ability to work to tight client led deadlines.
• Proven report writing abilities.
• Broad experience of the environmental issues that can arise from commercial/industrial facilities, including ground contamination, environmental permitting, waste management, etc.
• Working knowledge of primary UK/European environmental legislation and ideally country by country implementation.
• Ability to work comfortably with large data sets and to manage data manipulation.
• Experience with meeting with and working along clients and other technical advisors.
• Experience of developing client relationships and supporting business development activities.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATION / MEMBERSHIP:
• First degree in Environmental Science, Science, Geology, Geography or similar subject.
• Second degree with an environmental science or geological specialism.
• Chartered status or actively working towards Chartership.
• Flexible approach to work – project demands may require short periods of extended office based work and overseas visits.
• Be a good communicator to enable timely management of workloads, sometimes under tight deadlines
• Be thorough and methodical in whatever task are given to you
• UK Driving Licence
• Proficiency in a second (or more) language would be beneficial, but not essential.
• Previous experience of working in mainland Europe, along with previous experience of driving in European countries.
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.