Waste and Resources Management Specialist, , Africa
Office Location: Any office within South Africa
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Waste and Resource Management
Reporting to: Service Line Manager - Advisory
This is an opportunity to join our Waste & Resources Management division in South Africa.
The ideal candidate must be a confident, client-centric and pragmatic individual who wants to influence our development, and that of our clients, in an ever increasingly energy-conscious business environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Approximately 15 years’ experience in the field of Waste & Resources Management
• Must have sound working knowledge of waste related engineering in the field of: Civil or Chemical or Process or Mechanical (or similar with relevant experience).
• Working knowledge of Integrated Waste Management, waste site permitting and licensing
• Specialist knowledge of waste optimisation strategies & logistics, closure & rehabilitation, waste recycling plans
• Experience in Design of Facilities and Landfill Gas and Leachate Management/Treatment
• Resource recovery and Energy from Waste
• Operational Plan Development and Implementation
• Auditing capabilities
• Ideally from a consultancy, but Industry or other backgrounds will be considered
• Excellent Proposal and Report writer
• Excellent interpersonal and client relationship skills
• Self-starter with ‘seller-doer’ approach to business development and delivery
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.