Anaerobic Digestion Plant: Technical Advice (UK)
SLR is currently acting as Technical Adviser to Fife Council (under 7 year Framework Contract) to support the Council as owner and developer of a £16 million, 43,000 tpa, 1.5 MWe biogas AD plant at their site at Lochhead, Dunfermline, Scotland.
The project comprises a 43,000 tpa AD/ biogas plant to treat co-collected biowaste (food and garden) with CHP, renewable power export to grid and surplus process heat to a local district heating scheme.
SLR provided the planning application, PPC Permit application, technical feasibility and business case, and supported the Council with specification and contract preparation and contractor procurement. The SLR team are also acting as the Project Manager for the £15 million development and is responsible for administration of the Design & Build contract.
Lochhead Landfill Site Off A823 Wellwood Fife Scotland KY12 0RX
A key objective of this project was to undertake feasibility and option assessment leading to procurement and delivery of a waste treatment facility with the potential to maximise the value of waste resources to Fife Council whilst meeting the regulatory requirements for diversion of waste from landfill.
- SLR assisted the client in preparing an outline business case for management of the Councils co-mingled green and food waste collections
- SLR prepared and submitted a Planning Application for the facility, including background specialist environmental assessment reports
- SLR prepared and submitted a PPC Permit Application to SEPA for the operation of the facility
- SLR provided procurement and contract support advice with respect to OJEU procedures and supported Fife Council with appointment of a Principal Contractor
- SLR fulfilled the role of Construction Project Management through the Construction, Commissioning and Take-Over phases of the project