A multi-disciplinary SLR team performed the following work:
- Peer reviewed production forecasts and well numbers provided by E.ON’s exploration team & generated forecasts and well numbers where none existed.
- Constructed exploration & appraisal drilling schedules with associated well costs.
- Generated conceptual development options for all cases, including associated capital, operating and decommissioning costs.
- Leveraged SLR’s extensive experience with infrastructure in the West of Shetlands and North Sea to determine the most appropriate export options taking due account of ullage & cost of access.
- Ran life-of-field economic evaluations for 45 cases, presenting them in terms of metrics used in E.ON’s decision-making process.
SLR ran the whole project for the client on an outsourced basis, releasing E.ON staff for other projects. This also allowed SLR to have a full project overview so the team was able to ensure both consistency of approach & accuracy & completeness of data. Regular communication between SLR & E.ON throughout the project ensured that data issues could be resolved quickly. The evaluation provided E.ON with an in-depth independent insight into economics and value drivers for each of the prospects together with minimum economic field size by fluid type, water depth & distance from infrastructure. The work was used to make decisions on the exploration work programme & budget.