SLR facilitated workshops with asset teams to:
- Improve familiarity of asset team members with IOR/EOR where required;
- Capture opportunities already identified within the asset teams;
- Jointly identify opportunities and blockers for improved recovery as a pointer to further options; and
- Provide solution to perceived constraints on improvement.
It then undertook a number of activities including:
- Screening of key reservoir rock/fluid properties against well-established criteria for application of EOR techniques;
- Feasibility assessment for identified IOR/EOR options, where possible quantifying benefits, and ranking in terms of potential value to DONG; and
- Producing documentation of findings and feedback to asset teams and management.
The project raised awareness of IOR/EOR in the organisation in line with DONG’s 2013 business strategy and created a high graded opportunity set of IOR and EOR opportunities. SLR made recommendations on further work to progress the opportunities and drew up an inventory of improved oil recovery opportunities which represented reasonably “easy wins” for asset teams to deliver.
Recommendations were also made for simplifying asset re-development and portfolio management making IOR/EOR easier to deliver. Finally the project identified existing IOR/EOR expertise in the client’s organisation.