Birse Rail undertook a complete revamp of the surface waste water and fuelling facilities system at Craigentinny. SLR were asked to undertake a Site Investigation and QRA on the site to establish potential risk from previous fuel spills and leaks, particularly around the old fuel tanks, waste oil tanks and around the re-fuelling areas. This was used to establish a baseline for the site, prior to commissioning the new system.
The findings of SLR’s assessment were used to establish baseline ground conditions at the site, prior to commissioning the new drainage network and fuelling facilities.
SLR undertook the following works:
- Detailed liaison with Network Rail & Birse Rail regarding project planning and site access
- Completion of approximately 12 window sample boreholes
- Completion of post investigation gas and groundwater monitoring
- Laboratory analysis of soil and groundwater samples
- Preparation of interpretive geo-environmental report detailing baseline ground conditions at the site