With contaminated site specialists in Canada, the United States, Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa, we know how to satisfy regulators and offer practical advice, expertise and experience to solve a range of issues. SLR’s clients include lenders, legal advisors, government agencies, and industrial and commercial operations.
How can we help?
- Due diligence, high level or preliminary assessment to identify or refute potential contamination risks (e.g. Phase I and II Site Assessments)
- Site investigation for all contaminant types (oils/fuels, chemicals, metals, VOCs etc.) and media (vapours, soil, sediment, surface water, groundwater).
- Risk Assessments - screening level through detailed human health and ecological risk assessments as well as toxicity studies and remediation target derivation
- Remediation Services – design and implementation of remedial plans, negotiating clean up standards, risk mitigation, material/waste management, and decommissioning and site closure
- Regulatory specialists with detailed knowledge of government regulations both locally and across international markets.
- Contaminant hydrogeologists, geologists, risk assessors, toxicologists, engineers, biologists and scientists specialising in management of land quality issues.
- Professionals with direct experience of contamination issues and solutions in wide ranging sectors and industries such as real estate development, oil and gas, chemicals, energy, and government.
Our team includes
Technical Director, Land Quality and Remediation, Europe
John is a Technical Director with over 30 years’ experience in geo-environmental consultancy, and has extensive project management experience, primarily relating to environmental due diligence, environmental risk assessment and soil and groundwater contamination assessment. His overall project experience is wide-ranging and covers many aspects of geo-environmental engineering and associated disciplines. He is experienced in various ground investigation techniques for both geotechnical and contaminated land investigation.
Associate Consultant, Land Quality and Remediation
Ben has over 9 years’ experience within the Contaminated Land Sector in design, implementation and management of site investigations associated with potentially contaminated sites. He has been involved in various investigations, including landfills, gas works, tanneries and scrap yards. His projects support planning applications, satisfy legal requirements, cover due diligence purposes and support in permitting. Ben specialises in Detailed Quantitative Risk Assessment and site-specific assessment.
Louise manages and directs Phase 1 and 2 land quality assessments for public and private sector clients. She has extensive experience in advising land owners, developers, planning consultants and regulators on contamination related to securing planning permission and environmental due diligence for property transactions. Louise prepares Materials Management Plans and Qualified Person declarations under the CL:AIRE Definition of Waste Code of Practice. She is a chartered geologist, Specialist in Land Condition (SiLC) and Suitably Qualified Person under the National Quality Mark Scheme.
Energy Sector Leader - Europe
Luke’s experience includes over 25 years advising energy companies on contamination and environmental liability impacts from their routine operations and as part of due diligence for PE investments. His project experience is predominantly in the downstream sector; but increasingly in onshore production and gas terminals. Luke is a member of SLR's team helping clients develop their carbon management strategies.