Carbon & Energy Management
SLR works with organisations helping them to reduce their environmental impacts and the cost burden of increasing energy prices and climate change legislation.
In the face of ongoing changes in the energy supply markets we provide innovative solutions and build competitive advantage for our clients.
We have proven expertise and experience and work with private and public organisations across most sectors providing a broad range of technical and non-technical services.
We assist organisations identifying the key
business risks and opportunities associated with carbon and energy use and
develop integrated solutions to manage these.
How can SLR help?
We provide tailored solutions that mitigate the risks and build competitive advantage for our clients, including:
Carbon Modelling and Reporting
We work with organisations at strategic and other levels helping them to understand the carbon impact of their activities and products.
Electrical Load Management and Demand Side Response (DSR)
• Energy demand side management Optimise energy bills • Minimise supplementary charges • Load shifting
• Energy audits • Energy process modelling and performance analysis • Holistic energy efficiency and utility savings programmes Implementing Energy and Carbon Projects Building modelling for energy efficiency
• Energy Metering, Monitoring & Targeting (MM&T) • Integrated energy management programmes and implementation support Process flow sheeting and energy modelling • Energy awareness, training and people engagement • Behavioural change & change management
Energy Management Systems
• Energy management systems, ISO 50001
Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme (ESOS)
We support clients comply with the requirements of the UK Energy Savings Opportunities Scheme (ESOS).
• Climate Change Agreements (CCA) Carbon Reduction Commitments (CRC) Energy and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) compliance risk management • Cap and trade support • Renewables Obligation (RO) and Feed-in-Tariff (FIT) compensation scheme
Strategic Carbon and Energy Performance Improvement
• Strategic planning • Informing policy
Specific Offerings by Industry Sector
Cement, Quarrying and Aggregates
SLR consultants have supported companies processing cement, lime, soft rock, hard rock, gravel, sand and asphalt. Projects have ranged from single site interventions to support of corporate programs and legislative compliance.
SLR consultants have over 20 years’ experience in the chemical industry. A wide range of projects have been performed covering organic, inorganic, fertilizers, batch and continuous processing.
Food and Drink
Energy constitutes a significant cost to the food and drinks industry especially in energy intensive processes such as cooking, cooling and even lighting of work spaces.
Iron, Steel and Other Metals
SLR consultants have undertaken energy efficiency work covering iron, steel, copper and magnesium production and forming. Studies have included all process steps including leaching, hydrolysis, melting, forming, machining and casting.
Mining and Minerals Processing
SLR energy consultants have experience across a range of mining and minerals processing including coal, iron ore, copper and phosphates.
Technical Service - Carbon And Energy Management
Technical Service - Carbon And Energy Management can be downloaded by clicking on the button below. (Opens in a new window)View Document
Technical Service - Carbon & Energy Reporting And Compliance
Technical Service - Carbon & Energy Reporting And Compliance can be downloaded by clicking on the button below. (Opens in a new window)View Document
Case Study - Mining Minerals And Chemicals: Israeli Chemicals Ltd
Case Study - Mining Minerals And Chemicals: Israeli Chemicals Ltd can be downloaded by clicking on the button below. (Opens in a new window)View Document
Case Study Steel Recycling Energy And Cost Savings
Case Study Steel Recycling Energy And Cost Savings can be downloaded by clicking on the button below. (Opens in a new window)View Document