SLR is often asked to contribute to high level strategy and policy, for example by Government departments, Planning Authorities or by Statutory bodies.
Our outputs include technical studies to inform new policies, design guides, high level planning strategies for both public and private clients, and the drafting of new planning policies. Services include:
- Nationally and internationally known environmental technical experts can assist policy makers by providing clear assessments and guidance.
- Experienced planners, masterplanners and urban designers are able to create design guides.
- In-house planning capability is able to prepare draft policies.
How can SLR help?
Design Monitoring & Management
Project management assistance, input into the design process and the ability to design and implement effective monitoring programmes are essential to the successful delivery of infrastructure projects which often have environmental impacts encompassing large land or water areas as well as large population centres.
With global coverage, SLR’s teams of experienced and motivated Environmental Planners and Scientists can facilitate statutory approvals and provide a range of project management, environmental impact assessment and environmental management services across a range of sectors.
Site Promotion & Consultation
SLR has the specialist environmental knowledge which can often unlock potential development sites. By combining our technical, design and planning skills we are then able to promote these potential development opportunities.
- Assist Government, Local Authorities and statutory bodies by undertaking technical assessments that support the formulation of new policies
- Experienced planners, masterplanners and urban designers are able to create design guides
- In-house planning capability is able to prepare draft policies
Built Environment Planning Meet The Team
Built Environment Planning Meet The Team can be downloaded by clicking on the button below. (Opens in a new window)View Document
Scottish Awards for Quality in PlanningDevelopment Plan category for ‘The Paisley Heritage Asset Strategy for Renfrewshire Council”
Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) – Finalists‘Innovative planning practice in plan making’ for Paisley Town Centre Asset Strategy‘Innovative planning practice in decision taking’ for Milton Keynes (UK) Waste Recovery Park