Unconventional Oil & Gas
Unconventional hydrocarbons are the global energy game changer. Unconventional Oil and Gas projects are often located in geographical areas that have not previously experienced development and the perceived or actual risk needs to be managed.
SLR has offices in each of the main unconventional resource plays and has specific technical expertise in each of these areas. Our global reach enables us to provide on site teams with both the technical knowledge and understanding of the local conditions.
How Can SLR help
SLR is working in each of the active unconventional resource plays in the US, UK, Canada and Australia. We combine our wide environmental expertise (for example in air quality monitoring, acoustics and social engagement) into a holistic service offering.
We facilitate companies wishing to enter the emerging unconventional provinces in Europe and Southern Africa where we have strong environmental and permitting background from other sectors. We bring a sound knowledge of international best practice in unconventional operations that is applied globally through our network of regional offices. Our services include the following:
- Resource evaluation and competent person reporting (CPR) for both conventional and unconventional resources
- Transaction support and due diligence, both subsurface and environmental
- Geological and geophysical evaluation, from basin through to prospect and development.
- Geophysical and geological operations support
- Planning, EIA, social engagement, permitting and consenting of unconventional gas exploration and production operations
- Waste management, including oil spill contingency planning
- Site remediation and restoration
- Water management, including abstraction, management of produced and flowback water including water treatment and disposal
SLR has been integrally involved in the development of strategic, environmental and planning services for shale gas built on international assignments in the UK, Ireland, Australia, South Africa and the USA.
Our recent UK services include:
- Environmental Due Diligence (GDF)
- Shale Pad Strategy (Peel Gas and Oil)
- Environmental Baseline Monitoring Guidelines (UKOOG)
- Shale Pad Site Selection (several confidential clients)
- Geological Assessment (confidential client)
- Environmental Awareness Statements for over 40 Blocks for the 14th Round DECC onshore licensing (several confidential clients)
SLR now offers a unique sub-surface and surface risk-based approach to assist shale gas operators in making optimum development decisions. SLR is an active member of both UKOOG and the APPG on unconventional gas.