Associate Consultant Occupational Hygienist, Australia
Office Location: Melbourne
Discipline team: Occupational Hygiene & Hazardous Materials
About the business and the role
SLR Consulting have an exciting opportunity for an Occupational Hygienist to work out of our Melbourne office. Reporting to the Technical Discipline Manager, you will be given the opportunity to lead and assist in occupational hygiene assessments by providing consulting services. Using your high level technical and people management skills, you will work autonomously with the support of the Technical Discipline Manager (Sydney based) as well as the local support from other highly skilled professionals across the range of SLR divisions.
The Melbourne office have an enthusiastic and inclusive culture with many social and fun events with plenty of active staff getting involved in events for work. There is a great mix of expert consultants across Acoustic & Vibrations, Land Quality & Remediation, Waste & Resource Management, Air Quality, Risk Assessment & Toxicology and CFD, Wind & Energy.
Job tasks and responsibilities
A typical day in the role would require you to be able to do the following:
- Work with clients to recognise, assess and control occupational health hazards to protect worker health
- Work with other SLR regions and disciplines on collaborative projects and submissions
- Identify specific regional marketing opportunities and business development opportunities across a range of industries
- Provide business development and tender support across our technical disciplines
- Manage projects, deliverables and client expectations
- Ensure day to day management of personal performance to help the Occupational Hygiene Discipline achieve key performance indicators
Skills and experience
Outside of being an exceptionally good person with a great sense of humour you will be able to display the following:
- Post graduate qualifications in occupational hygiene and/or science and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in relevant occupational hygiene roles
- Full membership of the AIOH with COH status being well regarded or equivalent international recognized OH certification
- Ability to win new work through business development and have exceptional client management expertise
- Demonstrated experience in providing occupational hygiene services in the areas of asbestos, chemical, physical and biological hazards across industry such as oil & gas, mining, manufacturing, agriculture and in the built environment
- Development of occupational hygiene management and monitoring programs
- Perform occupational hygiene assessments including statistical analysis of monitoring data
- Excellent Project Management with ability to communicate effectively with high level of detailed report writing
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions and a 'people first' culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job