Associate/Principal Groundwater Modeller, Australia
Office Location: Australia
Discipline team: Hydrology & Hydrogeology
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
SLR has one of Australia’s largest teams of groundwater specialists, with 25 hydrogeologists, which includes a team of 11 full time groundwater modellers and nine principal hydrogeologists. We have a focus on quality and working at the forefront of the groundwater industry and are seeking an enthusiastic senior level hydrogeologist/groundwater modeller with an attention to detail to share their technical knowledge and contribute in project delivery and management. SLR as a company is investing in advancing the groundwater industry, as silver sponsor of the Australasian Groundwater Conference 2019 and sponsor of the first International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH) Industry Awards. If you are as passionate about groundwater as we are and keen to contribute and be a part of a great team we want to hear from you.
As an equal opportunity employer SLR offers flexible work arrangements. Preference is to have someone based in Wollongong to work closely with our senior NSW team, but there is opportunity to be based in any of our east coast offices, including Wollongong, Sydney, Brisbane and Newcastle.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The role includes
= Assisting in planning, development and review of numerical groundwater models (MODFLOW-USG)
= Identifying prospects and assisting with business development and innovation
= Assisting in proposal preparation and engaging with stakeholders to tailor projects to best meet their requirements
= Engaging with staff and supporting staff development
= Planning and managing complex groundwater projects from inception to completion, including report writing and review.
Skills and experience
- Appropriate Science or Engineering tertiary qualification and relevant groundwater industry experience
- Familiarity with and application of NSW groundwater related legislation and guidelines as applied to resource, development and infrastructure projects
- Working knowledge of other relevant National and Queensland groundwater legislation and policies, standards and guidelines
- Advanced knowledge and application of numerical hydrogeological modelling using MODFLOW-USG code
- Attention to detail and strong report writing skills, with the ability to complete groundwater technical documents with minimal edits.
- Good client engagement, communication and project management skills
- Experience working with teams and guiding junior staff.
At SLR we value our staff and look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, opportunities for regional travel, interaction with SLR staff globally and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job