Environmental Consultant - Environmental Management, Planning and Approvals, Australia
Office Location: Darwin
Discipline team: Env Management, Permitting & Compliance
About the business and the role
SLR Consulting Australia Pty Ltd (SLR) is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and site-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
Nationally, the SLR team provides a wide range of project management, environmental impact assessment, approvals and environmental management plan services across a variety of industry sectors. These services range from initial project scoping, to the impact assessment and project approval, post-approval, environmental management compliance, auditing, rehabilitation and closure.
As one of our Environmental Consultants, you will provide client relationship and project management, technical delivery and mentoring support to the team, working closely with the Office Manager and the Technical Discipline Manager of our industry recognised Environmental Management, Planning and Approvals team (EMPA). The successful applicant will be pivotal to the continued development and growth of the Darwin office with the aim of increasing market share in the region.
About the Darwin team
We're a smallish team of 8 consultants who love working together. Even though we work hard, it's fun, relaxed, has excellent flexible working conditions (seriously!) and we get to work for some great clients on really interesting projects! We work together, collaborate, share ideas and listen to each other. We're looking for a like-minded individual who is smart, a good listener, can get their work done and most important, loves a good laugh!
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- A professional qualification in environmental science or engineering or other relevant degree;
- A minimum of 8 years' experience at a professional level, ideally as a consultant;
- Proven capability in managing environmental management, preferably in the mining and oil and gas sectors, or contaminated land and remediation projects and coordinating inputs from others;
- The ability to analyse and interpret situations and problems, and develop appropriate solutions;
- Good communication skills and experience writing reports and liaising confidently with clients;
- A high level of commercial acumen and proven success in developing winning proposals and client relationship management.
- Demonstrated experience working in multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated and ability to work effectively within a team
- Australia Citizenship or rights to work in Australia
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Joining SLR, you will get the chance to work with a large number of well-respected industry leaders across our nation-wide offices.
Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered an attractive salary package, global interaction with SLR staff and an innovative benefits program with a strong focus on targeted professional development. You will be a part of a large growing team with a strong focus on flexible working conditions and a 'people first' culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job