Environmental Consultant - Mine Closure & Environmental Management, Australia
Office Location: Mackay
Discipline team: Env. Management, Permitting & Approvals
Job DescriptionAbout the business and role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognized reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of leading international specialist environmental consultancies. We are open to seeing a self-sufficient Associate level with 10 years as well as keen on someone with 5 years’ experience who is keen to learn more about the industry.
The team provides a wide range of project management, environmental and closure risk assessment, post-consent environmental management services (auditing, compliance management, closure planning and bonding assessments), and works alongside other specialist teams in SLR to deliver a complete environmental service to clients. The successful applicant will be pivotal to the continued development of the SLR EMPA team and will assist in the growth of the discipline nationally. This role will be based in our Mackay office and will include occasional travel to undertake field studies.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Articulate, motivated and reliable, you will have between 3 to 10 years’ experience in consulting, government or industry. Ideally, you will have experience in mine/industrial site closure, rehabilitation and closure planning including one or more of the following:
- Mine Rehabilitation and Closure Plans;
- Plans of Operations/Progressive Rehabilitation and Closure Plans;
- Rehabilitation Management Plans;
- Mine Rehabilitation Monitoring;
- Progressive Rehabilitation Certification;
- Financial Assurance and/or Estimated Rehabilitation Cost Estimations; and/or
- Project Management, Environmental Approvals, Environmental Compliance Monitoring, Environmental Auditing.
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Assisting in the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies;
- A degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, Environmental Management, Civil Engineering or related field;
- Writing clear and precise high quality reports;
- Generating mine closure plans (Draft, Progressive and Final/Detailed), QLD Estimated Rehabilitation Costs;
- Developing effective relationships with our internal and external clients and internal SLR team members;
- Providing advice regarding best practice Mine Rehabilitation and Closure planning and management principles to clients and internal SLR team members;
- Managing mine rehabilitation and closure projects including budgets, schedules, internal teams and subcontractors, and the quality and timeliness of deliverables;
- Administrative and financial management tasks including budget, schedule and timely responses to requests as required by project demands and timelines; and
- Positioning and winning work and developing the service area and client base.
- Working knowledge of QLD environmental legislation and policies, standard and guidelines;
- Sound understanding of the rehabilitation and closure planning process and QLD Estimated Rehabilitation Cost and awareness of the Progressive Rehabilitation and Closure Planning Process;
- Experience in QLD and Commonwealth environmental impact assessment and/or post-consent approvals;
- Experience in the resource industry highly regarded;
- A willingness to work remotely where required, travel to mine sites around 25% of your time;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Excellent driving history and hold a current Drivers License.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff, and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be offered an attractive salary, interaction with SLR staff nationally with a strong focus on targeted professional development.
If you believe that you are a match with what we are looking for and would like to work within a dynamic professional consultancy, please submit your application by 'Applying' now.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job