Groundwater Modeler (Hydrogeologist), Africa
Office Location: Fourways, Johannesburg
SLR is a global environmental consultancy operating from a network of offices in Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Africa. We provide advice and support on a wide range of strategic and project-specific environmental issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
In Africa the core service lines are advisory services, engineering, environmental management and planning, and land & water sciences. These service lines are focussed on the following sectors: oil and gas, mining, industry, infrastructure and power.
SLR’s philosophy is to hire talented people that are empowered to express themselves in a challenging and dynamic environment. SLR believes in developing professionals that will make a significant difference to the lives of our staff, families, clients and other stakeholders.
- Collect and process hydrogeological data, other technical data, spatial information and historical documents to build a conceptual model
- Groundwater numerical modelling
- Report writing
- Project management and liaison with clients and authorities
- Understand project budgeting and invoicing
- Delivery quality work on time and in budget for a variety clients
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Geology / Earth Science
- at least 5 years’ experience in hydrogeology, with 1-2 years working experience with FEFLOW, MODFLOW or other groundwater modelling software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Proficiency in specialized software: Surfer, Strater, WellLog, Aquitest, Aquachem , etc.
- Proficiency in any of the GIS packages: ArcGis/MapInfo/QGIS
- Valid drivers license and must have own vehicle
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - written and verbal,
- Excellent time management skills,
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills,
- Ability to take initiative and work independently ,
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV, together with a copy of ID, qualification, matric certificate, academic transcript and drivers’ license.
The following information should be included in the cover message:
If you have not been contacted within 15 working days of your application please consider your application unsuccessful.