Junior Financial Accountant, UK
Office Location: Oxford
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Accounts
SLR has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Financial Accountant to join its European region management team in a newly created role to be based in Worminghall, near Oxford/Aylesbury/Thame.
SLR is an international environmental consultancy with over 1,300 employees working from over 70 offices based in 5 regions (Europe, Canada, United States, APAC, and Africa). With the support of private equity partners who came on board in 2018, SLR is currently in an exciting phase with acquisition playing a key part in the ambitious plan to grow the business significantly in the coming years.
We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
We also offer study support, both financially and with paid study leave as part of our commitment to developing our staff and helping them to progress through SLR's structured career framework.
The successful candidate will have a key role in the Group Finance team and support weekly, monthly, and annual accounting and reporting for the Group.
Typical duties will include:
- Reviewing weekly KPI reporting submissions from regions, preparing variance analysis on performance, and consolidating results for Board level reporting;
- Reviewing monthly pipeline and cash forecasting submissions from regions, preparing commentary on performance and consolidating results for Board level reporting
- Reviewing monthly human resources dashboard reporting from the regions, preparing commentary on changes in the month and consolidating results for Board level reporting;
- Preparation of monthly supporting balance sheet schedules for Group level companies;
- Assisting Group Financial Controller and Assistant Financial Accountant in preparation of the monthly management pack;
- Basic annual statutory account preparation for UK based entities, progressing to more complex companies with experience;
- Assisting in tax work for UK entities;
- Assisting with integration of new acquisitions in to the Group reporting; and
- Accounting for and administration of interest and debt holdings of the Group.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
Academic Achievement – an early ACCA or CIMA studier or an individual keen to begin their study would be well suited to the role. A relevant university degree is also a highly desirable attribute;
Computer Skills - comfortable and experienced using MS Excel for financial purposes, as this role will involve maintaining and, at times, creating reports within this environment;
Ownership and Diligence - willingness and ability to manage checks and balances of reporting for accuracy of information, with a strong attention to detail;
Communication - ability to communicate effectively and clearly with finance and non-finance professionals based remotely;
Committed to professional development - desire to quickly learn and develop relevant new skills and promoting an environment of continuous improvement within the Group Finance function; and
Planning - ability to prioritise tasks and problem solve to achieve deadlines.
APPLICATIONS - NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Closing date 30th September
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job