Senior Consultant - HAZMAT, Australia
Office Location: Brisbane
Discipline team: Occupational Hygiene & Hazardous Materials
Job DescriptionAbout the business and the role
SLR Consulting is an employee-controlled international environmental consultancy with a globally recognised reputation for providing high quality tailored services. With offices throughout the Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Africa regions, SLR Consulting is one of a very small number of truly international specialist environmental consultancies. We provide global consultancy advice and support on a wide range of strategic and project-specific issues to a diverse and growing base of business, regulatory and governmental clients.
SLR has a great opportunity within the Brisbane office for an ambitious individual to join our high performing and friendly Occupational Hygiene and Hazardous Materials (OHHM) team as a Senior Consultant. This is a full-time position based where you will be working with a great local team as well as collaborating with a wider team in other locations throughout Australia.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Working alongside industry leaders in Occupational Hygiene and Hazardous Materials, you will ideally have a minimum of 5 years' experience working within the Asbestos sector.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing technical advice on environmental and occupational health issues;
- Supervision of Asbestos/HAZMAT removal;
- Client liaison, quotes, tenders and Project Management;
- Asbestos fibre monitoring & fibre counting;
- Identification & Conducting Asbestos/HAZMAT Surveys; and
- Preparation of Technical Reports.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Hazmat industry experience and be a Licensed Asbestos Assessor;
- HAZMAT survey experience along with a valid driver's licence;
- An understanding of reporting requirements;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Australian Citizenship or rights to work in Australia;
- You will be a professional in OHHM and be driven to continue ongoing learning and development.
Job benefits and perks
SLR values our staff and we look to provide a supportive and collaborative working culture. Accordingly, successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary, flexible work environment and a positive team culture.
Cultural fit and shared vision is very important to SLR. We want to grow our team around the right people. If you are practical, client focused and highly motivated – we'd love to hear from you.
Unsolicited resumes from recruitment consultants will not be accepted.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job