Light Rail: Geotechnical Advice (IRE)
SLR acted as Geotechnical Advisor to Sinclair Knight Merz (SKM) and MVMBNI JV, lead designers and construction managers respectively, for the 23km long, €760 million Dublin Light Rail Project (Red and Green Lines).
SINCLAIR KNIGHT MERZ / MVMBNI JV
SLR provided local geological and geotechnical advice and expertise on a wide range of issues to an international team of designers, engineers and contractors building Ireland’s first light rail system.
SLR’s team provided technical advice and assistance covering
- scoping and supervision of construction stage ground investigations
- interpretation of ground and groundwater conditions
- foundation design for bridge structures, sub-stations, station stops and track systems
- basement design for underground sub-stations
- re-use of existing bridge foundations
- assessment of cutting and embankment stability
- design and construction of soil and rock slope stabilization measures