Training course: Introduction/ refresher to Environmental Law in Scotland
In association with The Food and Drink Federation, SLR is hosting a training course as an introduction/ refresher to environmental law in Scotland.
For more information, pricing, and to register, see: https://www.fdf.org.uk/events/...
A one-day course providing an awareness of all major environmental laws which typically impact food and drink companies in Scotland, and how to effectively manage compliance. The course includes the following:
- Brief overview of the structure of law, types of law and the legal framework;
- Introduction to the main environmental laws in the categories of; waste, air, energy, carbon, water, nuisance, contaminated land, hazardous substances and conservation;
- Highlight of the differences between environmental law in Scotland and England;
- Practical discussions and case studies on the compliance requirements of each law;
- Effective techniques to manage day to day environmental law compliance;
- Recent and forthcoming changes to environmental law, and techniques for keeping up to date with environmental law;
- The role of the regulators and managing regulator relationships;
- Sanctions and enforcement; and
- Managing incidents.
Who should attend
- Existing environmental managers, coordinators or other individuals with involvement or responsibility for environmental law compliance management.
- Existing quality and/or health and safety practitioners wishing to develop their environmental compliance competency.
- Delegates either new to environmental law, or wishing to gain an understanding of environmental law compliance management.
- Senior managers wishing to gain an understanding of the breadth of environmental law and scope of liability.
Presenter: Colin Malcolm
Colin Malcolm has seventeen year's continuous experience in the delivery of environmental sustainability services including environmental law and risk management, sustainability in the value chain, auditing, environmental management systems, resource efficiency, carbon and waste management.
Colin is an experienced environmental trainer and has routinely written and delivered courses certified by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) including the Foundation and Certificate in Environmental Management, the Diploma in Sustainable Business Practice and the half day senior management briefing course Leading with Environmental Sustainability.
He has also been a lecturer with Oxford Brooks University delivering modules on their MSc course in Health, Safety and Environmental Management including components on sustainability, environmental management and law, risk management and auditing. Colin is a full member of IEMA, has delivered environmental law training sessions on their behalf to the IEMA membership base, and has been retained by IEMA as a panel assessor for the interview process for Full Member applicants.
For any queries, please contact Colin Malcolm: firstname.lastname@example.org