Mining Noise and Vibration
SLR has a long history of involvement in the mining and quarrying industries ranging from EIA/EIS noise assessments, to noise control retrofitting of existing facilities to enable compliance with revised environmental objectives. Over the course of many years, SLR has earned a respected and highly credible reputation with the regulatory authorities and with communities in general.
Our team understands the time and regulatory constraints on mining and exploration operations, and we are familiar with the practicalities and material costs associated with implementation of physical and operational control measures. This means we are able to provide clear, timely advice towards practical and reasonable outcomes with confidence.
Our team anticipates the social impact of proposals and aims to provide advice that is easily understood by the affected community and other key stakeholders.
Our services include:
- 3D computer noise modelling
- Design of mitigation and management measures
- Noise and vibration impact assessments
- Blast vibration and airblast monitoring and modelling
- Occupational hygiene, health and safety assessments
- Plant/machine condition monitoring and fault analysis
- Sound Power Level (SWL) measurement and testing
- Demolition, excavation and construction site noise and vibration monitoring
- Assessments of all associated mine infrastructure
- Management plans and monitoring programs
- Community consultation and noise simulation / auralisation