Renewable Energy & Power Generation Acoustics
SLR is one of the leading providers of environmental services to renewable energy, electric power generation, transmission and distribution industries, including acoustics and noise control mitigation recommendations.
Our focus is providing superior technical services with an emphasis on controlling noise impacts at source by best-practice design. We have expertise in noise issues associated with wind farms, electric power generation operations, and offer pragmatic advice on modifications for noise mitigation and management strategies.
Our services include:
- Environmental Noise Measurement Surveys
- Wind farm noise modelling & prediction of impact
- Development and presentation of audio/visual simulations of mitigation solutions for use during the community consultation process
- Sound Intensity Measurements
- Theoretical Noise Predictions
- 3D Noise Modelling and Source Order-Ranking
- Noise Assessment and Control
- Conceptual Noise Control Design
- Effectiveness and Costs of Noise Mitigation Strategies
- OH&S Evaluations of Workplace Noise Hazards
- Construction and Operational Noise Assessments
- Commissioning and Operational Compliance Audits
- Noise Management Strategies
- Expert Witness Testimony for Regulatory Hearings - Commissions of Inquiry (NSW) and Panel Hearings (VIC) and other regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Complaint Investigations and Resolution
- Community Consultation and Stakeholder Engagement