Virgin and waste derived biomass feedstocks can be processed using a number of different thermal technologies to produce renewable electricity and heat.
SLR has an international team of highly experienced technical staff that has assisted in the development of numerous successful biomass projects, both large and small.
How can SLR Help?
Our core advice and support for delivering successful biomass energy schemes include the following;
- Due diligence and economic appraisal of proposed or existing biomass projects taking into account factors such as project design and construction, contracts, technology selection, energy yields, market analysis, grid connection and planning analysis.
- Project development support. SLR has a wide range of relevant in house capabilities such as market analysis, planning and EIA support, compliance, process engineering, construction and design support.
- Development of project outline and initial feasibility assessments. It is essential to establish at an early stage the main drivers and potential constraints that could impact on the project.
- Specification, tendering, installation and supervision services. SLR is able provide full support to clients during the design, development, procurement and construction stages of a biomass scheme.
Main SLR Offering:
- Asset enhancement: The unique ability to translate renewable energy potential and environmental issues into advice on value and property strategy.
- Market and technology understanding: Detailed knowledge of the full range of thermal processing technologies and suitable feedstock types (virgin and waste).
- Feedstock and design specification: The ability to undertake a detailed technical assessment of the ability of the proposed design to process a range of proposed feedstocks, including an assessment of plant performance and energy output as electricity/heat.
- Full life cycle support: The ability to see the project through from initial inception and feasibility through planning and onto construction and having a wide range of relevant in house capabilities.