Energy Transmission & Distribution Services
The SLR global team is a leading provider of environmental services to the electricity transmission and distribution industries.
The team also manages the consents process on many grid connection projects across the world.
How SLR can Help?
Our core advice and support for delivering successful grid connection and infrastructure schemes include the following;
- Environmental input into Strategic Options Studies or SEA.
- Preparation of routeing studies for overhead electricity transmission or distribution lines and onshore and marine cables (including offshore HVDC cables).
- Provision of siting and design studies for substations, sealing end compounds, converter stations or other above ground installations.
- Stakeholder engagement and consultation with statutory and non-statutory stakeholders, including members of the public and elected representatives.
- Design, contract management and implementation of overhead line mitigation contracts and substation planting contracts.
Main SLR Offering:
- Proven experience and expertise in environmental, planning and electricity industry methodologies.
- Environmental Impact Assessments: Preparation of formal and informal EIA’s.
- Full life cycle support of successfully delivering key grid connection projects with all EIA disciplines under one roof.
- Proven expert witness capability relevant for the electricity industry and grid connection projects.