Occupational Hygiene is the field of science dedicated to the Anticipation, Recognition, Evaluation, Communication and Control of hazards in workplaces that may result in injury, illness, or impairment of workers and members of the community.
From physical, chemical and biological exposure to workers and the community, from complex organisations such as mining, manufacturing or the military, to working in an office - SLR understands the potential occupational health and safety risks our clients face in both their daily operations and longer term health safety and hygiene programs.
SLR provides the highest level of service to our clients with results which are both scientifically rigorous but also practical to today’s business and community needs. The Occupational Health & Hygiene teams consist of a diverse range of safety and health science and engineering specialists to compliment client needs in occupational hygiene, health and safety, toxicology, hazardous substances, dangerous goods and human health risk assessment, covering issues relating to worker health, compliance and risk planning, to education programs to meet worker and community health expectations.
Our consultants included Chartered and Certified Occupational and Industrial Hygienists, Toxicologists, Chemists, Safety Engineers, Technical Project Managers and Chartered Safety Professionals, including a number with specialisation in mining, military and university/R&D sectors.
Our services include:
- Baseline Worker Exposure Assessments & Program Development
- Human Health Risk Assessments & Health Impact Assessments
- Occupational Noise & Vibration Exposure Assessments
- Heat Stress Evaluations
- Chemical and Laboratory Safety Management and Audits
- Hazardous Substance and Dangerous Goods Design and Management
- Hazardous Area Classification, Compliance Design and Planning
- Mould, Biohazard and Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- Hazardous Industry Risk Planning & Development (Human and Societal Risks)
- Dust, Solvent & Chemical Monitoring
- Occupational Health & Safety Auditing & Advice
- Clandestine Drug Laboratory and Fire Residue Contamination Surveys
- Forensic & Investigative Sampling
- Hazardous Materials Surveying & Management
- Toxicology & Ecotoxicology Assessments
SLR has a proven track record for providing long term detailed
Occupational Hygiene Monitoring and Management Programs to a range of mining
and manufacturing providers, including front line and management support,
exposure assessments, health and safety assessments, respiratory protection and
audiology reviews, worker and management training and to preparation and
delivery of corporate documentation, management systems and statistical