Planning & Permitting
SLR works with client teams to provide an integrated planning and permitting service. Our team has specific knowledge of the legal processes required for mine permitting in many countries. The SLR team also has a proven ability to enable meaningful stakeholder engagement, which has resulted in many successful planning and permitting outcomes.
How SLR can help?
Our core global services are as follows:
- Undertaking baseline environmental and social studies. SLR provides experts in a number of fields including surface and groundwater studies, mine dewatering, mine waste characterisation and facility planning, acoustics, erosion studies, air quality and visual modelling.
- Mitigation of environmental impacts and development of management plans – Our experienced team of engineers and scientists are particularly skilled at the evaluation and design of impact mitigation measures that are aimed at reducing environmental impacts over the full life cycle of the facility.
- Stakeholder engagement – We utilise the services of experts that have local knowledge and a credibility to ensure meaningful engagement of the stakeholders.
- Concept and pre-feasibility level project Risk Assessments. SLR has developed a Risk Assessment methodology designed to assist clients with project definition by identifying key project risks and opportunities
Main SLR Offering
- Providing our clients with environmental, water, mineral, and nuclear permit applicationsfor all related activities.
- Social license to operate: SLR has years of experience dealing with regulators and communities on mining projects across the globe.
- Multi-disciplinary technical expertise: SLR can manage multi-disciplinary teams. SLR also employs a number of world leaders in air quality, acoustics, groundwater, surface water, geochemistry and mine waste and water management.
- Proven track record: SLR’s has an enviable track record in permitting mining projects in many countries. Our clients range from small junior exploration companies to the largest mining companies.