Wave & Tidal Energy
Wave and tidal energy resources are critical to the realisation of a low carbon economy, and the global market is forecast to be worth £50 billion by 2050.
The SLR international team has provided advice and support across the marine renewable supply chain throughout the world.
SLR has participated in international workshops to establish best practice in marine renewable energy EIAs.
How can SLR help?
Our core advice and support for successful delivery of wave energy schemes include the following;
- Site identification and feasibility assessment to determine the best sites, design layouts and energy yields.
- Project development including planning and permitting support for wave and tidal energy projects, providing a wide range of in-house technical capability such as marine ecology, acoustics and socio-economic assessment,
- Economic appraisal of proposed marine renewable projects, including supply chain studies to identify opportunities for organisations to capitalise on the specific local environmental characteristics that make marine energy suitable.
Main SLR Offering
- Proven experience and expertise of the marine renewable project lifecycle & supply chain.
- Proven planning, EIA and regulatory assessment of environmental impact issues for marine renewable energy projects.
- Niche expertise in marine acoustics.