Associate or Principal Ecologist, South East England (London, Maidstone, Guildford, Aylesbury), UK
Office Location: London
Salary: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc BUPA, pension, car allowance, life cover + more
Discipline team: Ecology
Our Ecological presence in the South East is currently centred around our Maidstone and Aylesbury offices, and we are keen to diversify the team geographically across our existing offices within the region. We are seeking to hire someone into either London, Maidstone, Aylesbury (Worminghall), Chelmsford or Guildford who can actively contribute towards team growth and business development across the South East.
With over 30 experienced Ecology professionals undertaking a wide range of projects throughout the UK, SLR Consulting leads the way in providing exemplar advice and services. We have a real passion for what we do and due to continued commercial success and a very healthy work book, we have fantastic opportunities for experienced professionals to become part of the SLR team.
As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing projects, you will have the opportunity to expand and diversify the portfolio of ecological projects and clients within the region and make a real contribution to SLR’s Ecology team in the South East.
The successful candidate would be joining a highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy with an established ecological presence in the UK.
Applications are sought from ecologists with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong field skills including habitat and protected species surveys.
Our staff enjoy agile working, which allows them to tailor their working hours around core business hours in a way that works for them and their unique personal circumstances. We have a structured career framework and regular reviews to help ensure our staff can take advantage of all opportunities to progress.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; car allowance; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on schemes such as mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects throughout the South East
• Preparation of fee proposals, report writing and technical review work
• Supervision / mentoring of ecology staff and team development
• Liaising with technical staff in other UK offices
• Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand ecology and other services and capabilities in the region
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Demonstrable Ecological Consultancy experience inc surveying/working with protected species and all associated report preparation
• Proven capabilities in project winning, delivery and management – and of team management, supervision and growth
• Experience within a range of sectors such as residential/mixed use, infrastructure, minerals and waste, and energy.
• Relevant degree level qualification plus appropriate level of membership of CIEEM or equivalent
• Full driving licence
To apply for this position, please use the online application button on this page to submit a CV and covering letter.
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer but our expectations go beyond just complying with legislation. It is SLR's intention that active steps are undertaken to ensure that opportunities are open to all and that as a business, we continue to strive to promote diversity and inclusion and reduce the gender pay gap.
Clicking on the button below will take you to our career application system.Apply for this job