Associate or Principal grade Ecologist, Exeter, UK
Office Location: Exeter
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday or P/T, subject to agreement.
Salary: Competitive basic salary, comprehensive benefits package
Discipline team: Ecology
Reporting to: Ecology Discipline Manager
With over 30 experienced Ecology professionals undertaking a wide range of projects throughout the UK, SLR Consulting leads the way in providing exemplar advice and services. We have a real passion for what we do and due to continued commercial success and a very healthy work book, we have fantastic opportunities for experienced professionals to become part of the SLR team.
Our well-established and respected Ecology team has a strong presence within Exeter covering the South west region as well as working on other national projects. We are seeking to hire someone who can take up and develop the important role of a regional team leader driving both team growth and development alongside maintaining the delivery of a high quality technical service. As well as playing a key role in the delivery of existing projects, you will have the opportunity to expand, diversify and grow the portfolio of ecological projects and clients within the region and make a real contribution to SLR’s Ecology team in the south West.
SLR has a busy established office in the Heavitree area of Exeter, an easy walk from the city centre and mainline rail stations and convenient for the Park and Ride service allowing easy access to the M5 and A38. The office accommodates a diverse range of Environmental professionals including staff working within hydrogeology/hydrology, acoustics, air quality and archaeology. The office also houses a busy team of Ecologists working on a wide range of projects in the built environment, mining, leisure, waste, energy and infrastructure sectors.
The successful candidate would be joining an employee owned, highly successful, international multi-disciplinary consultancy with an established ecological presence in the UK.
Applications are sought from ecologists with experience of business development, preferably gained in a commercial consultancy environment, and with strong field skills including habitat and protected species surveys.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing / overseeing projects, advising clients on schemes such as mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects throughout the South West region.
- Preparation of fee proposals, report writing and technical review work
- Supervision / mentoring of ecology staff and team development
- Liaising with technical staff in other UK office.
- Seeking opportunities through coordinated business development to expand ecology and other services and capabilities in the region.
PERSON SPEC – SUMMARY
- Demonstrable Ecological Consultancy experience inc surveying/working with protected species and all associated report preparation
- Proven capabilities in project winning, delivery and management – and of team management, supervision and growth
- Experience within a range of sectors including residential/mixed use, infrastructure, minerals and waste, and energy.
- Relevant degree level qualification plus appropriate level of membership of CIEEM or equivalent
- Full driving license
Applications and Enquiries
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. Further details of our Equal Opportunities policy are available upon request.
To apply, please complete the online application form below.